Come join us for fun events at Umaya.
Learn To Make Sushi
let’s eat… and learn how to make sushi!
We have a fun class planned with this one! Come join us at Umaya Izakaya for a 2 – 3 hour demonstration on how to make sushi. Learn the intricacies in the preparation of sushi. We will check in at 11:00am, and then we’ll learn to make sushi at 11:30am.
We have recruited (and are privileged to have) Chef Yim with 20+ years of sushi making experience to take us through the culinary exploration of sushi. Besides Umaya Izakaya, he has also worked at Sakura, Makoto, and Kushi restaurants as well as abroad in Hong Kong.
Not only that:
• We will have 4 “rounds” of cooking, where each round demonstrates the preparation and creation of each type of roll.
• After each round, the chef will hand out the rolls, just demonstrated to lucky member(s) of the audience to eat!
• We’ll each receive copies of the recipes, detailing the preparation of the rolls demonstrated to us
• We’ll get an opportunity to get hands on and make (and then eat) some sushi rolls (with the chef’s help) after the demonstration is over!
• Red and white wine IS included!
• Sushi rice
• California roll
• Spicy tuna roll
• Avocado roll
• Chef’s choice!
• (The chef reserves the right to make changes to the menu if need be)